Manufacturing Technician - 24/02/2021
Abacus are hiring a manufacturing food technician for a local client with a worldwide known brand.
- Operate world-class machinery in line with clients safety policy to deliver quality products that the clients brand demands .
- Be a positive and active member of the team to drive for autonomous working, be flexible to the needs of the business and have a passion for delivering on clients targets.
- Apply the knowledge gained during training to resolve any potential issues in the right way
- Accurately complete daily reports such as daily stoppage reports, end of run and quality.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures, including health and safety and ensuring quality standards are exceeded.
- Able to drive high reach trucks, pedestrian riders and counterbalance FLT’s
- Strong computer skills using programmes such as Microsoft outlook and Microsoft excel, experience using SAP would be beneficial, but this is not essential.
- Experience of working in a Logistics department environment.
- Ideally experience in the food manufacturing industry but not essential
- The ability to work with minimal supervision, effectively being able to manage your own time.
- Excellent communication skills with a focus on giving clarity to others.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Have a positive, can-do mindset
- Be reliable and self-motivated, with good organisation skills.
Hours of work :
- Shift pattern runs on a three-week rotating basis (days 06:00 -14:00 afternoons 14:00 -22:00 and nights 22:00 -06:00).
- Hours of work are 41 hours per week
- When required the clients business also runs weekend shifts
- starting salary is £21,131.52.
Positions available with immediate start please call us on 01264 339933.