Food Manufacturing – Production Cook - 12/01/2021
We are hiring an experienced Production Cook for a well-established family business, producing award-winning and high-quality food.
You will have a genuine passion for combining the very best ingredients to create exceptional recipes and a strong enthusiasm to provide new and innovative ideas.
Shifts – Monday to Friday. 06:00AM to 14:30PM. 42.5hrs per week minimum.
A flexible attitude is key as you will be required to work overtime whilst training and when the business is busy.
Pay – £10.50p/h. After 12 months this increases to £11.00p/h.
This is a general production assistant role with added cook responsibilities. Working with a small-medium sized team, the company encourage everyone to learn wider parts of production e.g., filling, capping, etc. However, the core tasks will be the cooking ones.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Physically fit as products are made in large batches which is often heavy.
- Strong understanding of food and people safety.
- A good level of maths and writing skills as accuracy is important.
- Ability to weigh ingredients, follow a recipe and processes. Record information on recipe sheets and conduct testing of pH.
- Follow policies and procedures and complete start up checks each day.
- Prepared to carry out cleaning between batches (2-3 times a week) and at the end of the day.
If you are a Production Cook, looking for an exciting role within a friendly and passionate team – please submit your CV to be considered for this vacancy.
If you require any additional information, please call Abacus on 01635 552232.