Food Manufacturing – Senior Technical Assistant - 12/01/2021
We are hiring a Technical Senior Assistant for a well-established family business, producing award-winning and high-quality food.
You will be an enthusiastic, reliable, and a conscientious individual who has a keen eye for detail as well as a strong work ethic.
Shifts – Monday to Friday. 07:30AM to 16:00PM.
Pay – £12.00p/h. After 12 months this increases to £13.00p/h.
Checking production paperwork and updating production records
Supplier & Ingredient support including:
- Sourcing NPD samples and manage the booking in / checking process.
- Assisting with the evaluation of new raw materials and new suppliers.
- Assisting with the purchasing of all raw materials in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Updating existing suppliers’ files and ingredient specifications
Production recipe updating and creation as required.
Assistance with projects:
- Update finished product specification files;
- Annual shelf life review;
- Ingredient and Product Shelf Life Extensions;
- Prepare reports for annual QA topic reviews;
Other technical, quality, purchasing and planning projects that arise over time.
Day to day stock control and management
Minute taking and Participation in management meetings (when appropriate), including providing all relevant information regarding production and quality issues for the agenda.
Supervision and Assistance with stock takes.
Ensure Health and Safety guidelines are always maintained inclusive of HACCP.
Target zero customer complaints related to quality issues etc
Ability to communicate at all times to ensure the smooth operation of the department
If you are a Technical Senior Assistant, looking for an exciting role within a friendly and passionate team – please submit your CV to be considered for this vacancy.
If you require any additional information, please call Abacus on 01635 552232.