Manufacturing Team Member(s) / Machinist(s
Manufacturing Team Member(s) / Machinist(s
Abacus are hiring for our multi-award winning branded client, so what makes this client different? They are an innovative bunch and are passionate about providing a great customer experience. they like to challenge people’s perceptions of flooring and are not a boring flooring company.
Their customers expect great service from them in all areas, and we are looking for new people to join their team.
We are looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic individual(s) to join our clients rug manufacturing team.
Working as part of the team you will be:
- trained to whip and edge rugs
- trained in our quality standards to ensure we deliver wonderful rugs and runners
The ideal candidate (s) will have a ‘can do’ attitude and be keen to learn.
It would be an advantage to have commercial sewing experience, or to have used at home a sewing machine but, as full training is given, a candidate with good attention to detail and a positive team spirit will be considered for this rewarding role.
You would also need to be physically fit as the job requires manual handling of carpet and rugs
Working hours: 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday with an hour lunch. Holidays: Starting with 31 days leave (inclusive of all bank Holidays), however
Job share is a consideration offering part-time work for the right candidates.
Our client offers onsite parking, a contributory pension scheme, and Simplyhealth plan.
Call us today on (01264 339933)
We are looking for motivated individuals who can assist us in growing to the next level. We are based in Andover
Plenty of opportunities for individual growth and long term careers.
Experience of working as a fettler / grinder in a busy fast paced fabrication division preferred but not essential
Attention to detail is important
Experience of using hand grinders, orbitals and other associated power tools advantageous.
Preparation of parts before they hit engineering machines.
39 hours per week plus overtime with overtime rates
Monday – Thursday 07:00 – 15:30 Friday 07:00 -14:30
Competitive rates of pay, great atmosphere and benefits
Job Type: Full-time temp to perm position
Call us today on 01264 339933.
Abacus are hiring a manufacturing food technician for a local client with a worldwide known brand.
- Operate world-class machinery in line with clients safety policy to deliver quality products that the clients brand demands .
- Be a positive and active member of the team to drive for autonomous working, be flexible to the needs of the business and have a passion for delivering on clients targets.
- Apply the knowledge gained during training to resolve any potential issues in the right way
- Accurately complete daily reports such as daily stoppage reports, end of run and quality.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures, including health and safety and ensuring quality standards are exceeded.
- Able to drive high reach trucks, pedestrian riders and counterbalance FLT’s
- Strong computer skills using programmes such as Microsoft outlook and Microsoft excel, experience using SAP would be beneficial, but this is not essential.
- Experience of working in a Logistics department environment.
- Ideally experience in the food manufacturing industry but not essential
- The ability to work with minimal supervision, effectively being able to manage your own time.
- Excellent communication skills with a focus on giving clarity to others.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Have a positive, can-do mindset
- Be reliable and self-motivated, with good organisation skills.
Hours of work :
- Shift pattern runs on a three-week rotating basis (days 06:00 -14:00 afternoons 14:00 -22:00 and nights 22:00 -06:00).
- Hours of work are 41 hours per week
- When required the clients business also runs weekend shifts
- starting salary is £21,131.52.
Positions available with immediate start please call us on 01264 339933.
Experienced Quality Assurance Operative-Food Production
Experienced Quality Assurance operative required for a Food Production company in Amesbury.
Working as apart of the Good’s in team in a friendly family run business, you will be completing all raw material checks on stock delivered to site. Leasing with suppliers regarding the quality of goods and following processes accordingly.
2 years previous experience in a similar role is highly desired, full training will be given.
Full Time, permanent Contract for the right candidate!
- 07.00am – 16.00pm
- £20,000 per annum
- Full training provided
- Easy access via public transport
Duties include but not limited to:
- Control non-confirming raw materials, leasing with suppliers as required
- Monitor CoAs, Micro and Allergen results
- Complete all raw material sampling and testing as required by testing schedules
- Audit all factory paperwork relating to raw materials
- File production records
For more information or an immediate start please contact our Salisbury branch today on 01264 339933 or apply now by sending through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Manager required for a full-time, permanent position based in Salisbury.
The role involved working apart of a Manufacturing and Production role looking after a team and reporting to the Production supervisors.
- Full time and Permanent position
- 08.00am – 16.00pm on a Monday-Friday basis
- £10.76 per hour to start, progression to £12.37 per hour.
- Friendly work environment
The ideal candidates will have previously working in a Manufacturing or Industrial production environment in the running of a small team in a team leader or supervisor position.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Update Production managers with job status.
- Maintain the company’s quality objectives.
- Ensure teams compliance with Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality policies & Procedures.
- Assisting in the development and training of team members.
- Reporting and liaising with production supervisors .
- Work toward meeting KPI’s.
- Assist with the induction of all new team members.
- Ensure Effective problem solving and root cause analysis.
For more information or an immediate start please contact our Salisbury branch today or apply now!
Food Manufacturing – Senior Technical Assistant
We are hiring a Technical Senior Assistant for a well-established family business, producing award-winning and high-quality food.
You will be an enthusiastic, reliable, and a conscientious individual who has a keen eye for detail as well as a strong work ethic.
Shifts – Monday to Friday. 07:30AM to 16:00PM.
Pay – £12.00p/h. After 12 months this increases to £13.00p/h.
Checking production paperwork and updating production records
Supplier & Ingredient support including:
- Sourcing NPD samples and manage the booking in / checking process.
- Assisting with the evaluation of new raw materials and new suppliers.
- Assisting with the purchasing of all raw materials in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Updating existing suppliers’ files and ingredient specifications
Production recipe updating and creation as required.
Assistance with projects:
- Update finished product specification files;
- Annual shelf life review;
- Ingredient and Product Shelf Life Extensions;
- Prepare reports for annual QA topic reviews;
Other technical, quality, purchasing and planning projects that arise over time.
Day to day stock control and management
Minute taking and Participation in management meetings (when appropriate), including providing all relevant information regarding production and quality issues for the agenda.
Supervision and Assistance with stock takes.
Ensure Health and Safety guidelines are always maintained inclusive of HACCP.
Target zero customer complaints related to quality issues etc
Ability to communicate at all times to ensure the smooth operation of the department
If you are a Technical Senior Assistant, looking for an exciting role within a friendly and passionate team – please submit your CV to be considered for this vacancy.
If you require any additional information, please call Abacus on 01635 552232.