Abacus are hiring a manufacturing food technician for a local client with a worldwide known brand.
- Operate world-class machinery in line with clients safety policy to deliver quality products that the clients brand demands .
- Be a positive and active member of the team to drive for autonomous working, be flexible to the needs of the business and have a passion for delivering on clients targets.
- Apply the knowledge gained during training to resolve any potential issues in the right way
- Accurately complete daily reports such as daily stoppage reports, end of run and quality.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures, including health and safety and ensuring quality standards are exceeded.
- Able to drive high reach trucks, pedestrian riders and counterbalance FLT’s
- Strong computer skills using programmes such as Microsoft outlook and Microsoft excel, experience using SAP would be beneficial, but this is not essential.
- Experience of working in a Logistics department environment.
- Ideally experience in the food manufacturing industry but not essential
- The ability to work with minimal supervision, effectively being able to manage your own time.
- Excellent communication skills with a focus on giving clarity to others.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Have a positive, can-do mindset
- Be reliable and self-motivated, with good organisation skills.
Hours of work :
- Shift pattern runs on a three-week rotating basis (days 06:00 -14:00 afternoons 14:00 -22:00 and nights 22:00 -06:00).
- Hours of work are 41 hours per week
- When required the clients business also runs weekend shifts
- starting salary is £21,131.52.
Positions available with immediate start please call us on 01264 339933.
Experienced Quality Assurance Operative-Food Production
Experienced Quality Assurance operative required for a Food Production company in Amesbury.
Working as apart of the Good’s in team in a friendly family run business, you will be completing all raw material checks on stock delivered to site. Leasing with suppliers regarding the quality of goods and following processes accordingly.
2 years previous experience in a similar role is highly desired, full training will be given.
Full Time, permanent Contract for the right candidate!
- 07.00am – 16.00pm
- £20,000 per annum
- Full training provided
- Easy access via public transport
Duties include but not limited to:
- Control non-confirming raw materials, leasing with suppliers as required
- Monitor CoAs, Micro and Allergen results
- Complete all raw material sampling and testing as required by testing schedules
- Audit all factory paperwork relating to raw materials
- File production records
For more information or an immediate start please contact our Salisbury branch today on 01264 339933 or apply now by sending through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Food Manufacturing – Production Cook
We are hiring an experienced Production Cook for a well-established family business, producing award-winning and high-quality food.
You will have a genuine passion for combining the very best ingredients to create exceptional recipes and a strong enthusiasm to provide new and innovative ideas.
Shifts – Monday to Friday. 06:00AM to 14:30PM. 42.5hrs per week minimum.
A flexible attitude is key as you will be required to work overtime whilst training and when the business is busy.
Pay – £10.50p/h. After 12 months this increases to £11.00p/h.
This is a general production assistant role with added cook responsibilities. Working with a small-medium sized team, the company encourage everyone to learn wider parts of production e.g., filling, capping, etc. However, the core tasks will be the cooking ones.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Physically fit as products are made in large batches which is often heavy.
- Strong understanding of food and people safety.
- A good level of maths and writing skills as accuracy is important.
- Ability to weigh ingredients, follow a recipe and processes. Record information on recipe sheets and conduct testing of pH.
- Follow policies and procedures and complete start up checks each day.
- Prepared to carry out cleaning between batches (2-3 times a week) and at the end of the day.
If you are a Production Cook, looking for an exciting role within a friendly and passionate team – please submit your CV to be considered for this vacancy.
If you require any additional information, please call Abacus on 01635 552232.